A. SIX (6) YEARS
RoughRider America warrants the wheelchair frame against defects in materials and workmanship for 6 years.
B. ONE (1) YEAR
1. Subject to the Limitations and Exclusions below, RoughRider America warrants all RoughRider America–branded wheelchair components against defects in materials and workmanship for one year from the date of purchase. A replacement product or part that has been installed in accordance with RoughRider America’s instructions assumes the remaining warranty of the original product or 90 days from the date of repair or replacement, whichever is longer.
2. All other products sold by RoughRider America are subject only to the warranties of their respective manufacturers and distributors.
C. LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
1.This warranty excludes tires and tubes, upholstery (other than tension adjustable back straps) cushion, push handle grips, and any labor or shipping charges incurred in replacement part installation or repair of the product except for defects in workmanship or materials.
2. This warranty does not cover the following, as determined by RoughRider America in its sole discretion:
a. damage arising from normal wear and tear or from other circumstances beyond RoughRider America’s control; or
b. damage to tension adjustable back straps and upholstery due to punctures, tears or burns; or
c. damage caused by any modifications made to the wheelchair without RoughRider America’s express written consent, including, without limitation, modifications through the use of unauthorized parts or attachments.
3. This warranty is VOID if RoughRider America, in its sole discretion, determines that:
a. the original RoughRider America serial number tag has been removed, altered or defaced; or
b. the product has been subjected to negligence, accident, improper maintenance, storage or operation as required by the RoughRider or Aurora User Manuals, commercial or institutional use, misuse or abuse, including, but not limited to, exceeding the maximum weight limit of the product or using the product with tie downs or locking, clamping or other restraint systems related to the use of a wheelchair in a motor vehicle; or
c. the wheelchair has been damaged by improper repairs or repairs made without the express written consent of RoughRider America.
NOTE: The RoughRider and the Aurora are indoor-outdoor rough terrain wheelchairs but are not meant to replace dedicated all-terrain wheelchairs.
4. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser/user of the chair and is non-transferable.
5. RoughRider America’s policy is to honor warranties and to perform services only on products purchased from authorized RoughRider America Dealers in the USA or RoughRider America International Distributors. If you purchase a RoughRider America product from an unauthorized RoughRider America Dealer, International Distributor, or individual, or if you reside outside the USA and you purchase a RoughRider America product from anyone other than the authorized RoughRider America International Distributor for your country of residence, your warranty will not be valid.
D. OUR RESPONSIBILITY
RoughRider America’s sole obligation, and your exclusive remedy, under any warranty is to repair or replace, in our sole discretion, the covered components of the wheelchair.
E. FOR WARRANTY SERVICE
If your product requires warranty service, please contact an authorized RoughRider America Dealer in the USA or an authorized RoughRider America International Distributor. In the event of a defect in material or workmanship, the Dealer or Distributor must obtain a return authorization (RA) number from RoughRider America, and RoughRider America issues RA numbers only to authorized RoughRider America Dealers and Distributors. If you do not receive satisfactory service, please write to RoughRider America Customer Service at 2233 California St. Berkeley, CA 94703 USA or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not return products to us without our prior consent. Returns must be shipped with freight prepaid. RoughRider America recommends that you insure the product for its full replacement cost.
F. CONSUMER NOTICE
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other legal rights that vary from state to state. The foregoing express warranty is exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties, whether written or oral, express or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The sole remedy for violations of any warranty whatsoever shall be limited to repair or replacement of the defective product pursuant to the terms contained herein. No warranty, express or implied, shall extend beyond the terms of the warranties provided above. RoughRider America shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damages whatsoever, and in no event shall damages for breach of any warranty exceed the original cost of the product. No person is authorized to alter or extend the foregoing express warranty or to waive any of the limitations or exclusions.
RoughRider America seeks to provide high quality, highly usable wheelchairs at the lowest possible price. We therefore discourage returns because we are unable to sell an open box product as new. It is incumbent upon the purchaser to ensure the correct measurements of the person who will be using the wheelchair and to order the wheelchair size that best fits that person. In certain circumstances at our sole discretion, we will agree to refund the price of the chair minus the shipping and handling provided the chair is donated to a nonprofit agency such as a national or state park where disabled visitors might need to use a rough terrain wheelchair. You must first contact RoughRider America to get pre-approval for the donation. Transportation to the donee nonprofit will be the responsibility of the customer. In the alternative, you may ask us to list the wheelchair on our website for resale. Our sole responsibility will be to list the wheelchair. The entire transaction will take place between the seller and the buyer.